Selling or buying a Business, we offer complete advisory and brokerage services performed in a highly confidential manner. In the event you are considering the sale of your business, or you have an interest in buying a business, give us a call. There is no charge for our initial consultation and advisory services.
ADVISORY SERVICES FOR SELLING A BUSINESS
Advising business owners with regard to developing an overall strategy for selling a
business is the first step in determining if their business is marketable and ready to sell. Our advisory services include:
• Developing strategies for maximizing the value of your business. Knowing the value of your business will enable you to properly plan for your exit strategy.
We can provide expert advice regarding indications of value either on an informal basis or on a more formal basis utilizing our professional appraisers.
• How deal structuring can minimize tax consequences. There are many legal methods that can be utilized to insure that you get to keep your hard earned equity which include proper allocation of the purchase price and structuring the terms of payment.
• Explaining how proper presentation greatly enhances the marketability of a business. Preparing a detailed offering memorandum is a key component in presenting a business to buyers. The presentation typically includes a summary of the company’s history and background, normalized financials, and explanation of current operations, and future opportunities.
• Procedures for confidentially marketing your business. We implement a marketing program designed to maximize the number of buyer prospects through local, national, and international advertising, our vast referral network of other professionals, national targeted websites, and our own highly acclaimed website.
• Our expertise in negotiations and communications. Buyers often have accountants, attorneys, and other people advising them on how to buy a business. Our experience and expertise will insure that you have strong representation throughout the process.
ADVISORY SERVICES FOR BUYING A BUSINESS
Helping entrepreneurs find business investments is a major part of our services. Some people who come to us not knowing what they want. They just know they no longer want to work for someone else. Upon obtaining information on your investment requirements, we can offer a wide variety of businesses that meet your needs.
Are you already in business and want to grow by acquisition? Hire us to find a synergistic business that will provide growth opportunity. Many business owners do not want their business actively marketed; however, they often are willing to talk to qualified buyers with regards to a merger or buyout. Ask us about our three step plan to finding you the perfect acquisition.
Through our affiliations with other professionals, we can recommend highly qualified people to help you in the sale of your business or the acquisition of a business. These resources include:
• Financing sources that include SBA loans, private equity funds, equipment leasing, and seller financing.
• Accounting professionals that can help you during due diligence and understand the tax consequences of buying and selling a business.
• Attorneys who are deal makers rather than deal killers and can help you understand the legal aspects of contracts, closing documents, covenants not to compete, and forms of business entities.
• Firms that can help you set up a self-directed annuity that will enable you to utilize your tax deferred funds to buy a business without negative tax consequences.